9.06.2011

[prayer]


Hello all, I'm so sorry that it's been so very long since I've published anything on my blog. I got distracted in more than one way. But I'm back for the time being ::smiles::

Here is a short musing that I had recently:

"I'll be praying for you!"

Those five words are words that I say often. So often it's begun to be more of a sentiment than anything else. It's nothing more than saying "good luck."

Far too often we use that "christianese" term without thought. And we rarely follow through and actually pray.

But what if we did? What if we were purposeful about praying? What if we really prayed for that friend who told you that his time with God feels dry? Or your sibling when their relationship with your parents is strained? Or that brand new Christian who has to go back and face family and friends who will hate them for their faith? How many lives could we effect?

We know that prayer has such a tremendous effect in real life. How lightly we hold it though. Think about how the world could be effected if we changed how we viewed it. How many more times would you pray weekly? 50? 100? 200?

Prayer is meaningful. Let's use it to make a meaningful impact, every moment, of every hour, of every day. God just might do something incredible.

7 comments:

  1. How timely this was Isaac, I have been doing a Bible study on prayer. Thank you for this reminder, and challenge. - Jerica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very thought-provoking post! Thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been talking about prayers since day one over here... but you probably knew that.
    Good thoughts! It's so easy to forget what prayer actually is, and take it for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So when you said you'd pray for me was it just "Christianese" or did you really mean it? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've actually been thinking a lot about this lately...amazing that you brought it up! Very thought-provoking! It's always a good reminder to be challenged - 'Are you really meaning that you'll pray for me? Or are you just saying it?' Let us remember to indeed, be prayer warriors!

    You're in my prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I enjoyed your site and would love it for you to come check mine out. I will also join yours send some viewers my way God bless!(www.waslostnowiamfound.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete